A hodge-podge of information for anyone who couldn't imagine a world without children's books.

Monday, December 17, 2007

Buzz on Books # 21

Have you ever had a class pet? What about a class pet that acted more like a student than a pet? In the book I.Q. Goes to School by Mary Ann Fraser, I.Q. is Mrs. Furber's class' pet. I.Q. stays in his cage for the most part, but loves to participate in school just as the students do. Children can follow along as I.Q. demonstrates his knowledge of the alphabet, the colors of the rainbow, the order of the months and the numbers 1-10 as the schoolyear continues.

Then in I.Q. Goes to the Library, the class pet is out and about for a week in the school library. He spends the week learning how to use a library, and searches frantically for a special book to check out. These books will perhaps change your mind whether you dislike all mice. I.Q. is a cute critter that has a thirst for knowledge, and has interesting ways of learning. Find more books on class pets in the Children's Place of the Twinsburg Public Library.

No comments: